Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Brokeback Highland Island - The Musical

Enthusiasm for the arts escalates, here on the island.

The H.E.CK.L.E. committee have received snippets of a screen play synopsis for consideration, as an alternative theatrical production to the Jailbreaker’s Ball. The screen play is called “Brokeback Highland Island – The Musical.”

Target audience – The Church Women’s Guild, The Wool Shop Poisoned-Darts Team, Maggie Ann’s Tourette Syndrome Therapy Group, and video copies of the finished screen play will also be sent to Torquil’s clapdarnach customers on the mainland.

Cast –

Two burly poachers
Lots of village gossips

Opening Scenes –

Torquil and Woodworm Willie go poaching in the hearse. Willie gets legless on a bottle of cooking whisky and, thinking he sees a sheep, tries to kiss Torquil. Torquil says, “Och Willie, behave yourself or I’ll not be sharing this coffin with you any more.” Woodworm Willie bursts into a song from Grease “I got chills they're multiplying, and I'm losing control, ‘cause the power you're supplying… It's Electrifying! You better shape up ‘cause I need a man…And my heart is set on you.”

Torquil steals Willie’s wooden leg and Willie hops around the hearse trying to catch it.

Maggie Ann passes the hearse and shouts, “Ye pair of raging poofters!” and the local gossips begin what they do best.

The H.E.C.K.L.E. committee has, therefore, decided to hold a vote.

Will the island host a production of
a) The Jail-breaker’s Ball, or
b) Brokeback Highland Island – The Musical?

(Non committee members can also vote in the 'comments' section.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of having to be kissed by Willie, I definitely vote for the Jailbreaker's Ball

Anonymous said...

I hate the thought of people not having fun in the barn with my balls but I prefer the musical myself. I recommend the words from the song "The Island" by Paul Brady maybe as the finale. "I wanna take you to the island and trace your footprints in the sand -and in the evening when theres no-one around we'll make love to the sound of the ocean" or is that too close to the bone - so to speak Torquil?

Anonymous said...

If yer tracing Willie's footprints, then he will only have right ones. The other mark, on the left, would be from the inverted parking cone: he lost his wooden leg again.