Monday, March 13, 2006

And the winner is ...

Cyril Nosecose has won the 1st Annual Poetry Competition.

The judges agreed that Farquar Bogg's poem was imaginative, but the ladies of the baking committee at the church guild have been protesting with banners outside the woolshop today - "Down with HP sauce additives". The ladies of the sheep protection league of the church guild have also been protesting. They demand that sheep wool must be removed from the sheep before knitting, and so Maggie Ann's poem has been disqualified, also.

So, well done Cyril. Here is his poem -

"I stood upon yonder Crag
To sell the coat my granny knit
In a barn
To see if I could make a buck."

Unfortunately, all the prizes fell off the back of the delivery lorry, on their way to the judging committee, so I am donating 10 buckets of turnips for the 1st Annual Poetry Competition prize.

Cyril, let me know when you want to collect your neeps.

No comments: