Monday, July 24, 2006

Prophecy of The Daft Drooling Child


While we’re waiting for the radio show to begin, I thought you might like to see some more of Coinneach Crows predictions. Here is a transcript of Coinneach’s speech, down at the ferry terminal this morning. As usual, Coinneach fixed his gaze onto the horizon line, his pupils glazed over and the trance began.

“Caw! Caw! Coinneach Crow is a wise crow. He must never be doubted. Coinneach smells a daft, drooling child with webbed fingers and toes. The boy is on a quest, as he seeks his true father. His search will uncover a revolution never before witnessed on this island or any other land. Caw! Hear my words, the revolution will bring many men to this island, flocking from near and far away lands. Men will come singing rejoicing, arm in arm and hand in hand. I see conflict with the church, much resistance as truths are questioned. Meanwhile, the daft miracle shall be walking among us like a king. Beware, though, of many ferries arriving at this terminal. You must find a way to control the miracle or risk changes that might destroy this community as we see it now. Caw! Coinneach Crow has spoken.”

Surely, "the daft drooling child" can be none other than our own Daft Uisdean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracious its my pal Coinneach the Crow !
He's been missing for a whiley - if anyone sees him PLEASE tell him I'm asking for him & give him a bitty sandwich or a fish supper.
He's often at Dornoch Beach car park tuckin in to the blue rinses's sandwiches & making predictions. He spoke to me last time - he said...
och I'll tell you another time torquil,theres a policeman at the door.

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there my good friend Crawford Minty. Well I was just taking a break from my OU course on “The History of Modern Day Clapdarnists and Their Influences on Dangleberryism, 1973-1973” and I came upon a sentence in The Dictionary of Symbols, Myths and Legends which I thought would interest you –

Page 138 – Crows - “It is a very sociable bird and is easily tamed – some pet crows have been known to ‘talk’, count and recognize symbols.”

So maybe we are not quite as daft as we look, after all.

Was that PC Hugh Didnaedunnett at the door again? I’ll give you a tip, Crawford – after you say, “I didnae do it” say “And would you be liking a wee snortach of cooking whisky for the road?” It works every time. He’ll put his pencil back behind his ear and forget why he came to see you.