Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cyril Nosecone - the early flying years


Bunty Minty was sorting through her drawers today, now that she's got her antique furniture back, and she found this splendid photo of Cyril Nosecone taking his first flying lesson.

I forgot to ask Bunty but I'm wondering if that is her boy Crawford Minty lighting the jet engines at the rear, whilst Cyril prepares for take off.

Have you any comments about the photo, Cyril?

Lovely photo, Bunty dear. Thank you for that!

And speaking of photos, we'll soon be publishing details of our contestants in The Bachelor competition. Yes, images of the twelve lovely girls are ready now and a photo of Crawford Minty, too, with all his vital statistics. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Och Torquil, You shouldn't have. The tears are in my eyes and running doon ma face gist rememberin this. What happened was Sammy had twelve sheep that had twenty lambs and there were fifty two rabbits and one hare standin right in front of me. They thought I was comin to feed them and they all gathered round the front of me waitin til I fed them..Meantime..Minty was at the back tryin to lght the three hundred matches to give me some power....then I couldnea "get ma leg over" because of the coat..then when Minty got the engine up to full power and all the matches were lit he said "GO"..but I couldnae hear him cos of the hat.....wasn't a good day that...