Wednesday, March 14, 2007

News from the Glenpuddle and Munro First Crofters' Brass Ensemble, Est 1862



Great news!

Annie, of the Glenpuddle and Munro First Crofters' Brass Ensemble, est 1862, recently secured funding from the Crofters' Commission to buy a new tuba.

She has sent us a photo of her wonderful new tuba, pictured left.

Annie says, "I have now managed to master middle C, an F# and a B flat. The rest of the notes will be found in time. I know they are in there somewhere. I just have to find them."

When asked what her first solo piece will be, with the fabulous new tuba, Annie answered, "Can you repeat the question?"

Well done Annie and her new new tuba!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here wee man, good for the tuba cos see next time you need me to do the bar at a concert when the ensemble are playin, yer on yer own wee man cos I wus robbed in that photo competition and ma boy Cyril says he's no happy either...

Anonymous said...

Torquil, I think Dierdre has handed in her notice and by posting anon she feels that you'll not know that no bar person will turn up at the next festival and you'll be stuck. So awfully sorry.
Cyril

Torquil Mor said...

Shhh, Are you there Cyril? If so keep your voice down so that no one will hear us, okay? It's sorted. I spoke with the judges. Do you think the bar staff will turn up at the festival now. I don't want folk slogging from the bottles and passing them round like before. That's how we all got those scabby cold sores last year, remember?