Thursday, May 03, 2007

Help name Jean's car.

Tension remains high as we all await news in the case of the disappearing geriatrics.

In order to relieve pressure, Jean has asked a favour of everyone on the island. Can you help her to name her new car?

“As far as I can tell, the car is female,” said Jean, “but I am not exactly sure how to determine this. Maybe someone could help. The car is purple. It has two front seats and a back seat with four doors. The tyres are well kept, like new really, and it has a spare key, but the radio is missing.”

Jean adds, “Please do not tell Wullie Spanners about this purchase, as I did not buy my purple car in his garage and I hear he gets a little grumpy if people import cars from the mainland. But, it was such a lovely day for buying a car. Oh I do like buying a good car, so I do.”

So please can you offer suggestions as to an appropriate name for Jeans purple car. Meanwhile, feel free to ask her questions about her new vehicle.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion is calling the car "Smoke" as in "Smoke on the Water" as it is of course Deep Purple.

Spanners will help with some reconditioned brakes & it'll run fine once the customs mannie drains out the central heating fuel the previous owner was using.

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there my good friend who sings down at the hotel.

Och that's a wonderful suggestion, so it is. Jean says she likes that idea very much and you could be in line to win the prize with that entry. Stay tuned!

(I forgot to mention that the prize for Jean's competition is being donated by Sponge Bath Square Bob at the Dangly Balls Geriatric Home.)

Mother is asking can you sing her a nice Daniel O'Donnel song sometime?

Anonymous said...

Can I suggest the following:

Alfred of America of the fourth generation of the Archipelago of Multiple Sunsets of Purple Haze.

Torquil Mor said...

Ah! Hello there my ggod friend Deirdre. I hope Ardbroath is sunny today.

Jean says that, yes, that's a very grand name, too. Classy! Thank you for your suggestion.

How are you getting on with the tandem now? Have you been anywhere intersting with Fiona and her paintings?

Anonymous said...

Well done Jean for striking out and going to the Mainland for your purchase, we won't breathe a word!
"Maude" I heard my paintings whisper, such a pretty name, don't you think!
The only similarity with a certain gentlemans vehicles is that the radio is missing!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Jean my dear....No sour grapes about the car...I dinnae have nae purple ones anyway....as a gesture o'goodwill drop by the garage, I've half a dozen bottes o' Chateau Spanners wi' your name on them.....

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there my good friend, Fiona and her paintings,

Maude is indeed a lovely name for a purple car. It reminds me of dear old aunty Maude and her purple hair rinse.

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there my good friend, Wullie Spanners,

Jean is real excited about the bottles of Chateau. In fact, she's preparing some cubes of cheese on cocktail sticks for the occaision.

Any chance of sharing the recipe ingredients for your vino collapso first, though? It's not that we are feeling uneasy or anything...

Anonymous said...

I just heard my paintings whisper again..."Don't go there Jean!"

Anonymous said...

Hello there Torquil my friend. No big secrets about ma wine....just some red wine kits I picked up in Boots when I wis down in Inverness....plus my own secret ingredient of course....but thats a secret ! And yon nosey wimmun can take a hike....its fermentin' she's smellin....nothing more.

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there my good friend Fiona and her paintings,

Thank your paintings for the tip off about the Chateau Spanners.

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there Spanners my good friend. This secret ingredient wouldnt happen to be anti freeze would it?