Monday, May 30, 2011

Location sought for new Super Inn Junction


Discussions have commenced over a new Super Inn junction.

Farquar Bogg of the Agriculture, Rumba-dancing and Sanitation Department, and Coinneach Crow, of the Highland Island’s Roads and Planning Department, are meeting at a secret location in the back room of Murdina’s butcher shop.

Super Inn spokespersons, B&B Knightly, said, “We don’t have a Super Inn on the Highland Island, so we are clueless as to why they are building a junction.”

“This comment raises a high degree of suspicion,” said, local undertaker, Woodworm Willie. “I suspect that the enforced gagging order over the emptying of the Gents’ Toilet bucket might be responsible. Due to all the gagging, people are unable to say whether we currently have a Super Inn on the island or not and until this is verified we feel that we should go ahead with a junction.”

The new junction is reportedly being flown in by The Nosecone Transportation Group of Companies, on board an Airbus Super Transporter.

Company Director, Cyril Nosecone, who continues to circle overhead at a steady altitude of 4,000 feet, said, “I don’t know how much longer I can hold the plane on this course. She’s running low on fuel. I need to know where you want me to deliver the Super Inn junction.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible for Anton the Chef to make a spagetti junction?

Annie and her trombone

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there Annie and her trombone,

Unfortunately, Anton the chef is on sick leave just now, suffering from stress due to his pressure cooker.

It was too demanding, forcing unrealistic deadlines on him.

I'm glad to say though, that we have sourced a new Bitty-less-pressure-cooker for him to work with upon his return to the hotel.

Get well soon Anton.

Anonymous said...

my name is devlin mccracken jr. I live in idaho, us. I could sure use a new junction for my farm road end. help?

Torquil Mor said...

Hello there Mr McCracken sir,

I think the junction is still circling at 4,000 feet above the island. I'm sure that Cyril could refuel and head west if the price was right. How much would you bid for the junction?

(Is that okay, Cyril?)

Anonymous said...

If Idaho, I'd ho in the mornin, I'd ho in the evenin all over this land, it'll be a ho of warning, it'll be a ho of danger, it'll be a ho of love between ma bothers and my sisters all...over this land, the super innjunction is now in the safe hands of my U.S friend, so I've a few pound to spend on the island....what do we need....?? is the island hosting any events in 2012...a stadium perhaps??
Cyril

Torquil Mor said...

Cyril, Get some Idaho potatoes while you're there, man. Mother's making a giant batch of stovies for the half time break in the Hokey Cokey, right before we are due to turn around. That's what its all about, though, Isn't it?

Great idea about a stadium. The Ladies of the Knitting Circle are hosting 'Z Factor' again. Its a Bring-your-own-bed talent competition. We could use the stadium to put the beds on. Can you think of a theme tune for the Z Factor show?